The question arose as to whether or not I would knowingly date/marry someone who is an atheist. Before I answer the question I will admit that I had pre-maturely judged people who were Atheists inadvertently. It was just a misconception I had because I did not know any Atheists. I believed they did not have any morals, I thought they all went around doing whatever they wanted at any given moment, including killing and murdering people and being promiscuous with whomever they pleased. I just believed they did not have any regards for any type of laws. To my genuine surprise it is not so, most are just like me and the people I know except that for whatever reason they do not know the father, and for that I empathize with them. I cannot even imagine not having the knowledge I have of the father and I do not wish that on anyone, they(Atheist) must be truly strong people for that and in a sense they have my utmost respect. I am not fond of division and I use the word 'they' just for the sole purpose of this writing. There is no they, we are all children of God, atheists as well as believers.
I have gotten to know quite a few Atheists that I can call friends, they love and respect my views of the father just as I respect them. Some of the funniest people I have met are non-believers and we just have the best time together. They have morals, dignity, a conscience, a sense of right from wrong, and the ones I know do not go around killing people I am glad to report. Actually my non-believer friends and I have plenty in common, some of the same interest and the ability to just laugh and have fun in any situation, that is why we are friends. They will stick up for unfairness just as I, and is that not the reason for life. To love and help one another. I do hope and pray that one day they and others who do not know the glory of the heavenly father will finally get to see/feel the wonderful being he is because surly he does live within all of us. But in whatever token I pray that we all meet our mission and show brotherly and sisterly love while here living our human experiences.
So finally I will give my answer as to whether or not I would knowingly date an Atheist. The answer is no, not because of character but because a relationship is a partnership. We must be able to help each other spiritually. I have no problem being friends with someone who is a non-believer. But for a romantic partnership it cannot be so. There will be moments when I may be lacking in faith and it is nice to have someone there who knows the father to give a word of wisdom from the father. A relationship especially marriage for myself must be equally matched in helping one another and one of the qualities a potential partner must have is faith, love, and knowledge of the father, that is a must for me. There are non-believers and believer marriages and there is nothing wrong with that, it is tough though and I would prefer not to put myself through that.
I have gotten to know quite a few Atheists that I can call friends, they love and respect my views of the father just as I respect them. Some of the funniest people I have met are non-believers and we just have the best time together. They have morals, dignity, a conscience, a sense of right from wrong, and the ones I know do not go around killing people I am glad to report. Actually my non-believer friends and I have plenty in common, some of the same interest and the ability to just laugh and have fun in any situation, that is why we are friends. They will stick up for unfairness just as I, and is that not the reason for life. To love and help one another. I do hope and pray that one day they and others who do not know the glory of the heavenly father will finally get to see/feel the wonderful being he is because surly he does live within all of us. But in whatever token I pray that we all meet our mission and show brotherly and sisterly love while here living our human experiences.
So finally I will give my answer as to whether or not I would knowingly date an Atheist. The answer is no, not because of character but because a relationship is a partnership. We must be able to help each other spiritually. I have no problem being friends with someone who is a non-believer. But for a romantic partnership it cannot be so. There will be moments when I may be lacking in faith and it is nice to have someone there who knows the father to give a word of wisdom from the father. A relationship especially marriage for myself must be equally matched in helping one another and one of the qualities a potential partner must have is faith, love, and knowledge of the father, that is a must for me. There are non-believers and believer marriages and there is nothing wrong with that, it is tough though and I would prefer not to put myself through that.
No comments:
Post a Comment