Saturday, April 23, 2011

Children are so genuine.

Today I was asking my little brother if he remembered the lady who came over our house last week to do bible study and have a prayer session with the family.  He said, "yes, I do."  Then he asked me, "what was your favorite part."  And I said, "my favorite part was when she prayed for me and the holy spirit came over her and she was telling me all that I will accomplish."  Then I asked him, "what was your favorite part."  His reply was, "my favorite part was when we all hugged." 

I was so touched by his response, that was the sweetest answer.  Here I am being selfish and stuck on myself lol, when the most important things is what we have infront of us right now, we are suppose to cherish that.  I was so touched by his reply, he is 7 years old, but he received the most out of that meeting, and here I was thinking that I received the most, b/c things to come were revealed to me in immense details.  My brother is such a boy boy as well, he acts bashful when we say we love him or ask for a kiss he doesn't reciprocate it, so I was shocked when he said when we all hugged was his favorite part of the prayer session.  Kids always find ways to bring us back to our true essence.  Sometimes it's too easy to get caught up in the future and success that we miss the important lessons right infront of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment