Friday, April 22, 2011

What I am watching


Feral Children(I am so intrigued by these occurrences both with the animals and the children, it's amazing how we can adapt and survive given the help of others.)  I have read so many books and have watched many documentaries on these events.  It is interesting because we are all beings of imitation, we imitate what we see.  So it is easy for a child without a family to imitate the ways of the animals who are providing for them; in the same sense domestic animals abandon their wild ways to become loving pets.  Animals are interesting beings, b/c though their minds may not be as clever as humans they are still conscious and are able to show love and even compassion.  I know that all beings whether the ants on the ground or the baby on the breast can distinguish whether they are being treated fairly and will prefer the being responsible for kindness over anyone else.
  It's sad though that once these feral children are placed back into the human realm and they cannot comprehend human languages and do not change into what we would like them to be the option for them is to be institutionalize(if there are no willing overseers) like in the case of Victor.  Sometimes we(civilized humans) think we are doing the better good for someone when in actuality maybe they are better off where they are at.  But I do understand why we(humans) must try, we would not know unless we tried.  We as humans cannot fathom a child being out in the wild alone so we must help, it is our nature.We desperately hope and pray for the greater good and for the rehabilitation of such children. 




No comments:

Post a Comment