Questioning does not mean you have to throw away your views, keep them in mind, but also have an open mind when you are learning new information. It is b/c I questioned certain beliefs that I was led to a new awaking. I have always been spiritual ever since I could remember. I have always loved learning about God and the different stories in the bible. I remember being younger living in Jamaica and going to church(not every sunday, just enough). Once, I sat next to the preachers daughters who were around my age and I remember wishing he was my dad too(I loved my own dad as well) b/c it would be so cool and interesting to hear all that he knew about God. With that being said Jamaicans are extremely vocal about their dislike for homosexuality because biblically it is said to be wrong, I was against homosexuality as well because that was what I learned and it was in the bible. As I got older my family and I moved to the states and we went to Church less often, but I always loved God and still had him in mind throughout everything.
After high school one of my best friends came out the closet. We used to hang out all the time and we(my other friends and I) knew he was gay though I did not think homosexuality was right, I still wanted him to come out to us, but he would not tell us. It was only after I moved away that one of my other friend called me and told me he finally came out. I was a bit sad that he did not tell me though we practically talked everyday. I remember after I found out, I just started questioning everything and doing research on homosexuality. I could not understand how someone as kind, happy, and as genuine as he is, be worse off than we are b/c of who he slept with, it just did not make sense. I did so much research on the subject, I prayed and it led me to find the answer. I looked up the bible passages that spoke about homosexuality and how in the original Hebrew version that was not the word that was used. I also read the passages with Jesus(which is my favorite part in the bible) and Jesus said it was not what goes into a man that makes him unclean(lol) it's what comes out of his heart. I was so esctacic when I found that information out, which also led me to the information that there is no such thing as hell, hell is a state of mind. Also I did not know anything about souls and that we are just inhabiting the body to experience different scenarios and learning experiences. I did not know about Karma, what you do must also be done unto you, until we eventually learn that love is the escape for our problems.
I ended up calling my friend so elated, and told him all the information that I learned, we were just both laughing. It was because I questioned certain beliefs that did not make sense to me that I was led to the answer. Love is the answer, not discrimination and separation. With that simple question I had many doors of knowledge that I could not even comprehend or fathom open up to me. Still 5 years later I am learning so much about the universe and the human form. Just when I think I have learned all there is to learn, I learn so much more. Learning and questioning is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment