Blacker than midnight to lighter than the midday sky.
I have heard all the names the mouth would be ashamed to reiterate. Yet you
have the audacity to get upset when I tell you I am black and I am proud.
Y would you think I would not accept my blackness.
Yes my blackness,
is one of the things that make me proud.
B/c with my blackness, in this world of yours I must work dually as hard to get to where I need to be.
So yes I am proud to be black, what do you expect. Black is what
I am, no need to fret. Black is what you will always see. So black and proud is what I choose to be.
I have heard all the names the mouth would be ashamed to reiterate. Yet you
have the audacity to get upset when I tell you I am black and I am proud.
Y would you think I would not accept my blackness.
Yes my blackness,
is one of the things that make me proud.
B/c with my blackness, in this world of yours I must work dually as hard to get to where I need to be.
So yes I am proud to be black, what do you expect. Black is what
I am, no need to fret. Black is what you will always see. So black and proud is what I choose to be.

Beautiful piece. It's the best thing to be proud about; being black. So much confidence.
ReplyDelete