Thursday, January 6, 2011

Changes

It is time.
I am quite grateful to have been given all the opportunities I have been given thus far.
But now it is time to go.  The plan is Jamaica for a few months.  Then UCLA
to finish the rest of my schooling.  A simple book my sister suggested, awaken my mind to new directions.
We all grow up so quickly, it is kind of hard to accept this reality at times.

It is so frustrating that FAFSA does not consider a student independent unless they are at least 24yrs old.  I have been living on my own and supporting myself for the past 3 years.  It does not make any sense that I am considered dependant when I will not have any support from my parents.

Of course for college I will have to pay it on my own like I have been doing b4 I took a break.  My dad is in Jamaica and my mom has other children and responsibilities, she is not financially able to take care of me, yet I am considered a dependant.  It is just so frustrating.   I understand why that is the case, but it sucks for students who are genuinely on their own when it comes to that department.



No comments:

Post a Comment