'Water for Elephants'- I cannot wait to start reading that book. I bought it yesterday after it was recommended by a colleague. They are making a movie about it with one of my favorite actors Reese Witherspoon.
Commentary-Water for Elephants was an OK book, not my fave. The book tried to make you feel empathy for the protagonist and the woman he fell in love with while painting her husband as this horrible old man. They made it seem like she had no choice when it came to marrying her husband(which she did) thus making it O.K. for her to blantly committ adultery. I don't buy into it, the guy treated her well and he genuinely loved her, but the minute she saw something more shiny she was ready to leave him. I do not condone to what they did. It was not a story of love to me, more like selfishness and greed. I did enjoy the writing style of the author and the circus itself, it was well descripted and throughout the book you had the sense of being there. I loved the train experience and the midget and old man who was sleeping in the same cart as the protagonist, those parts were good as well as the elephant.
Next books to read recommended by my sister...
'A Thousand Splendid Suns'-I started this book already, it is good so far.
Commentary-This book was a well written story but it was so sad and depressing. My take on books are if it is not a true story there is no reason for the book to be sad. I understand the characters can go through hardships but give me a break, all books should have a happy ending. This book just re-enforced my disgust for how females are treated in the middle east. Those guys are so phucking disgusting it's ridiculous. I would hate to visit that place much less be born there. I feel a great deal of sadness for the struggles most ppl go through there. And throughout the book the only person I felt a great deal of empathy and sadness for was Miriam, everyone else was selfish. It's kind of sad to see everyone else got their way while poor Miriam was consistently suffering having no choices at all in her life except for her reaction to her ordeal. She handled herself well and I am impress for the love and kindness she showed to others forgetting her own pain.
'The Kite Runner'-I have not started this book it is by the same author as 'A thousand Splendid Suns,' my sister swears by this book. All the books I have recommended to her she has liked, so she said I will really enjoy reading this book. At this point in my life I am done reading books that are not recommended, b/c there are too many pointless books out there, unless they are biography about someone I am interested in learning about.
'Hunger Game'-I just finished reading this book and it is so captivating and Great straight from the start. This book was recommended by my sister and it is already in my favorite book list. It is such an incredible and original story, just incredible writing skills. This book is a MUST READ FOR ANYONE at least 13 and older.6/2/11
Commentary-Water for Elephants was an OK book, not my fave. The book tried to make you feel empathy for the protagonist and the woman he fell in love with while painting her husband as this horrible old man. They made it seem like she had no choice when it came to marrying her husband(which she did) thus making it O.K. for her to blantly committ adultery. I don't buy into it, the guy treated her well and he genuinely loved her, but the minute she saw something more shiny she was ready to leave him. I do not condone to what they did. It was not a story of love to me, more like selfishness and greed. I did enjoy the writing style of the author and the circus itself, it was well descripted and throughout the book you had the sense of being there. I loved the train experience and the midget and old man who was sleeping in the same cart as the protagonist, those parts were good as well as the elephant.
Next books to read recommended by my sister...
'A Thousand Splendid Suns'-I started this book already, it is good so far.
Commentary-This book was a well written story but it was so sad and depressing. My take on books are if it is not a true story there is no reason for the book to be sad. I understand the characters can go through hardships but give me a break, all books should have a happy ending. This book just re-enforced my disgust for how females are treated in the middle east. Those guys are so phucking disgusting it's ridiculous. I would hate to visit that place much less be born there. I feel a great deal of sadness for the struggles most ppl go through there. And throughout the book the only person I felt a great deal of empathy and sadness for was Miriam, everyone else was selfish. It's kind of sad to see everyone else got their way while poor Miriam was consistently suffering having no choices at all in her life except for her reaction to her ordeal. She handled herself well and I am impress for the love and kindness she showed to others forgetting her own pain.
'The Kite Runner'-I have not started this book it is by the same author as 'A thousand Splendid Suns,' my sister swears by this book. All the books I have recommended to her she has liked, so she said I will really enjoy reading this book. At this point in my life I am done reading books that are not recommended, b/c there are too many pointless books out there, unless they are biography about someone I am interested in learning about.
'Hunger Game'-I just finished reading this book and it is so captivating and Great straight from the start. This book was recommended by my sister and it is already in my favorite book list. It is such an incredible and original story, just incredible writing skills. This book is a MUST READ FOR ANYONE at least 13 and older.6/2/11
No comments:
Post a Comment