Friday, January 28, 2011

Friends

I am so grateful for all the people I have in my life.  I would like to give a special thanks to all of my friends.  It usually takes me a bit longer to get used to having someone as a constant part of my life but once we have pass that point of my comfort zone I am able to see how wonderful and awesome it is to have that person as a part of my life.  I thank God for his perpetual blessings in my life and for the people he has put on my course in life.  I am truly blessed.  I thank the father for knowledge, wisdom and love.  I feel so immensely blessed at this moment. 

Yesterday we had a gentleman come into our job asking for a job,  It was the cutest and sweetest thing I have seen.  He was an older man maybe in his 40s or 50s, he was short built.  Right away you could tell he had some type of mental disorders.  His words were a bit slurred.  But he said, "I am looking for a job are you hiring?  I just got kicked out of a group home so I need a job."  He was so sweet, and right then and there I realize all things were possible.  The fellow did not care that he was not properly dressed, he did not care that it was a 5 star hotel he was entering.  Instead he took the guts and courage to come in as he was, he did not care that he had mental issues, he went after what he wanted.  He had no computer skills to fill out the application but stated his point nonetheless.  He said he could help carry luggage to rooms(so he knew what he could do).  I talked to my co-worker about it afterwards.  I told her I was so impressed by him, he did not let his life situation get in his way.  People like him will go places, he was not sorry for the condition he was in and he took chances no matter what the outcome would be, whether it is rejection or not.  He is my inspiration. 




No comments:

Post a Comment